1. Nearness in place; proximity.
2. Nearness in time.
3. Nearness of relation; kinship.
1. (时间、地点上的)接近,邻近
trees in close propinquity to the house
离房子很近的树木
2. (血统上的)亲近关系
3. (性质、观念等的)类似,近似

Following the race he took umbrage at Stewart's rough driving so early in the day, and the propinquity of the two drivers' haulers allowed the Kid to express his displeasure up close and personal.
~Mark Bechtel, "Getting Hot", Sports Illustrated, December 6, 2000

Technologically it is the top service among the women's fighting forces, and it also has the appeal of propinquity to gallant young airmen.
~"After Boadicea -- Women at War", Time Europe, October 9, 1939

I was stunned by the propinquity of the events: I had never been in the same room with anyone who was later murdered.
~Karla Jay, Tales of the Lavender Menace

Schultz came by her position through propinquity: her husband, older by 12 years, used to play music with De Maiziere and afterward chat about politics.
~Johanna McGeary, "Challenge In the East", Time, November 8, 1990

Propinquity derives from Latin propinquitas, from propinquus, near, neighboring, from prope, near.

Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
                                                                                           ~Mother Teresa

让我们总是微笑相见,因为微笑就是爱的开端。
                                              ——德兰修女

I have holes on the top and bottom. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. I have holes on my left and on my rig. What am I?
Answer:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

[ 本帖最后由 junli 于 2009-4-5 16:11 编辑 ]
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表